Business and Financial Consulting
At Coastwise Capital Group, LLC, we bring decades of experience covering the entire business process, from company formation to business planning to capital raising to preparing for and executing liquidity events. The Investment Professionals at Coastwise can put their extensive business skill and knowledge to work for you to assist in analyzing, preparing, negotiating, and completing crucial transactions throughout the entire life of a business. Working with experienced experts can help you avoid costly mistakes, save you valuable time and ensure your business and/or alternative investments are optimally positioned to reach your goals.
- Private Equity Analysis (Merits of Investment, Valuation, Deal Structure, Terms Negotiations)
- Alternative Investment Analysis (Fund Due Diligence, Manager Research, Valuation Analysis)
- Business Idea Assessment (Viability of Idea, Governance, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis)
- Business Formation (Legal, Accounting, Banking, etc.)
- Business Plan Creation
- Financial Modeling (Historicals and Projections)
- Financing (Seeking Early to Late Stage Capital)
- Liquidity (Disposition of Business/Investment by Way of Private Sale, IPO, or Strategic Partnership)
- Engaged by entrepreneur who took company public and attempted to oust the board in favor of new governance/management. Created and presented new financial model used to convince shareholders to approve proxy.
- Represented small business owner in assessing a private equity investment. Met with CEO of company (investment target), performed due diligence, analyzed financials, presented recommendation.
- Created financial model (projections) and assisted in preparing business plan executive summary for new sports marketing/networking company in successful raising of nearly $500 thousand in early stage financing round. Engaged to perform similar function for second round of financing of approximately $1 million. Helped to secure high profile investors like Vinny Testaverde (NFL), Michael Waltrip (NASCAR), Tom Chambers (NBA), and others.
- Assisted affluent individual in assessing personnel needs and state/federal filing requirements for employee hires. Used expertise to determine optimal compensation formulas and arrangements.
- Served high net worth individual in determining if and how they should exit (redeem) a large alternative (hedge fund) investment.
Coastwise CEO Scott Kyle has been directly involved in several dozen private equity deals as the buyer, seller, or advisor to the transaction, including:
- The sale of Dearborn Publishing Group, Inc. to the publicly traded Washington Post's Kaplan Division (Warren Buffett Board of Director).
- The purchase of ActiveUSA, Inc., a sports registration and content company based in Florida.
- The purchase of eTeamz, Inc., the number one resource for team sports with over three million members.
- The purchase and sale of Triathlon Group North America, LLC, a publishing firm with over $3 million in annual revenues.
Mr. Kyle has been a key partner in raising nearly $100 million in private equity and strategic capital financing from top-tier financial institutions and publicly traded companies including:
- Alex Brown/Deutsche Bank
- Interactive Corp/IACI (Formerly Ticketmaster Online – City Search, TMCS)
- Austin Ventures
- Enterprise Partners
- Hambrecht EU Capital
Mr. Kyle has served on over 15 for profit and non-profit boards including:
- The Active Network, Inc., (ACTV), (Board Member, Co-Founder), a technology and marketing company with over 3,000 employees worldwide.
- Dearborn Publishing Group, Inc., an international publishing and educational training firm serving the financial industries.
- The Children's School (Trustee/Treasurer), a La Jolla-based private school serving over 250 children from the San Diego area.
- Pro Player Connect, Inc., an internet-based company which connects high profile professional athletes with businesses and fans.
- The United States Sunfish Class Association (Board Member/President), a nationwide organization with over 1,500 members.
- Triathlon Group N.A., LLC, parent company to world's largest triathlon publication, Triathlete Magazine.
Mr. Kyle is the Founder and/or Creator of several organizations and events including:
- The Active Network, Inc., (ACTV), which was named for three consecutive years one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Inc. Magazine and for four years one of the fastest growing copanies in North America by Deloitte & Touche.
- The Coastwise Prize for Investing Excellence, a scholarship program for high school students with the mission of promoting financial literacy.
- The Coastwise Mile, an annual running event and festival for the whole family.
- The Power 100, an annual list of stocks which meet strict financial criteria.
- The Sunfish Class Hall of Fame, a body which recognizes the highest level of excellence and contribution to one of the most popular sailing classes of all time.
In addition, Mr. Kyle has received several trademarks and service marks including:
- Coastwise Capital Group
- Navigating A Richer Life
- Coastwise Prize
- Coastwise Mile
- The Power 100
- Get Out There
Mr. Kyle has been published in several regional and national periodicals and journals. He is the author of the book, The Power Curve: Smart Investing Using Dividends, Options, and The Magic of Compounding.
Mr. Kyle has been invited to speak at various companies and educational institutions regarding subjects ranging from retirement planning to complex options strategies.